The Support Foundation for visual artists provides means-tested grants for visual artists or their family members.
One-off grants are awarded based on the following criteria:
• old-age allowance can be awarded to visual artists aged 60 or above with a low income
• illness or disability allowance can be awarded to visual artists who have fallen ill or who cannot work due to a disability, and whose assets, earnings or government subsidies are not enough to ensure their livelihood
• grants to cover funeral expenses can be awarded to an artist’s next of kin
Keep in mind that if you have been awarded a grant by the Support Foundation, it may have an impact on the social assistance you receive from Kela. If necessary, contact Kela for more information.
Meetings of the board of the foundation are held, as necessary, to process any applications for support that it receives.
Applying for support:
• The application form (in Finnish) can be downloaded from this site. If you’d like to order the application form in English, please contact Director Annukka Vähäsöyrinki.
• You must include your taxable income, based on the payment you made in the previous year, in your application.
• You can submit your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via post to: Iso Roobertinkatu 3–5 A 22 00120 Helsinki.
The Support Foundation accepts donations.