The Artists’ Association of Finland is a reliable partner with expertise in cultural policy decision-making. The Association also promotes the interests of its members in other policy areas, such as employment, entrepreneurship and social and health matters.
Our work is based on the strategic goals for the government program, which are published every four years. Our key objectives for the 2023-2027 period are listed below. Take a look to all the objectives here.
Ten solutions to strengthen the visual arts sector in Finland:
1. Funding for art and culture should gradually be raised to two percent of the state budget
2. Funding for visual arts is lagging and needs to be increased
3. Investments should be made in visual arts communities
4. Finnish art should be exported across the world
5. The number and size of grants needs to be increased
6. The number of artist pensions granted should be increased
7. Social security for self-employed persons needs to be improved
8. The exhibition payment model needs to expand to include art galleries
9. Public art needs to be supported
10. Visual artists’ copyrights must be more strongly protected